Elementis plc (“Elementis”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Who we are
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and laws implementing or supplementing the GDPR (“Data Protection Laws”) the data controller is Elementis plc (company number 03299608), registered office at Caroline House, 55 - 57 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom, WC1V 6DX.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide (such as your name, address, email, telephone and/or other contact details) by filling in forms on our website http://www.elementis.com or any of our partner websites (our “site”). This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our email alerts, completing online forms and/or as you purchase products or services from us;
- date and time of access to our site, pages visited, browser information and IP address (including location data);
- if you contact us by correspondence or phone, we may keep a record of that correspondence and the data you provide to us for the purposes of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance; and
- details of your visits to our site, including your IP address and the resources that you access.
Sensitive Personal Information
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal information, such as any accessibility requirements in the event that we may be required to make reasonable adjustment(s) for the purposes of visits to any of our premises. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it, how we intend to use it and only obtain it with your explicit consent.
Lawful grounds for processing
Our lawful processing grounds are consent, contractual and legal necessity and our legitimate interests or those of a third party. In litigation or for other legal purposes involving us or a third party, we may also need to transfer your personal information to countries with a lower standard of data protection laws than is applicable in your country of residence.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, to monitor use of the site, analyse trends, track users’ movement and gather a broad demographic information for aggregate use. This may include statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- store information and ‘remember’ which properties you have in your “wish list”;
- recognise you when you return to our site;
- evaluation of system and network stability/security; and
- for administrative purposes.
- Provide security (dual factor authentication)
‘Session’ cookies remain in your browser during your browser session only, i.e. until you leave the website.
‘Persistent’ cookies remain in your browser after you leave the website (unless deleted by you).
|Google Analytics||utma||This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits to our website, a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. In most cases, this cookie is used to determine unique visitors to our website and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.||First Party Persistent||2 years from set/update|
|Google Analytics||_utmb||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with www.elementisplc.com. When a user views on our website the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on our website; this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on our website for longer than 30 minutes.||First Party Persistent||30 minutes from set/update|
|Google Analytics||_utmc||This cookie operates in conjunction with the '_utmb' cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. This cookie expires when a user's session is no longer active.||First Party Session||At end of session|
|Google Analytics||_utmz||This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach our website, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within our website. The cookie is updated with each page view to our website.||First Party Persistent||6 months from set/update|
How you can change your cookie settings
Cookies expire two hours after you have finished using our site. The lifespan of the stored information is long enough to assist your movement around the site in one sitting but will not enable longer term storage of information.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Where we store your personal data and International Transfers
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process orders, including any samples you may request;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us including your subscriptions to our newsletters and updates or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- improve our services.
We can confirm that we do not use your Personal Information for profiling or automated decision making purposes.
With your consent, we may also use your data or, also with your consent, permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone. If you no longer want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick unsubscribe or opt out by ticking the relevant box or clicking the link in the email communication or contact us to update your settings.
You can withdraw your consent from direct marketing at any time by visiting the “Email Alerts” function of our website here and unsubscribe or amend your communication preferences by logging into your account. Alternatively, please contact our Data Protection Officer under “Contact Us” below.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- who provide services to us;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and/or
- if Elementis plc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If changes need to be made to personal data, you should notify is as soon as possible in writing. Under applicable Data Protection Laws, you have rights to:
(i) check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data (subject to applicable laws);
(ii) request correction of personal data about you that is inaccurate;
(iii) ascertain information related to the Elementis’ policies and practices in relation to personal data;
(iv) request the erasure of your personal data; and
(v) request the restriction of processing concerning you.
In certain circumstances, you also may have the right to request restrictions or object for legitimate reasons to the processing of your personal data (including direct marketing and profiling) in accordance with the Data Privacy Laws. Further, you have the right to transfer your Personal Data to third parties pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR.
You have the right to withdraw from direct marketing at any time, please see “Marketing” section above.
You have the right to raise concerns to Elementis or to a supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed above or to raise a concern with us, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address below, see “Contact Us”.
The applicable supervisory authority of Elementis is the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK (www.ico.org.uk).
We store and retain your personal information for as long as you use the website or as long as necessary for the purposes listed above. We will store and retain your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, as explained in this privacy notice, and in accordance with the statute of limitations period for contractual claims.
We may retain various types of information for longer periods pursuant to legal requirements under the applicable Data Protection Laws. We will make efforts to ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed and/or as outlined in our Records Retention Schedule, see “Contact Us” below if you wish to obtain a copy.
|Address:||Data Protection Steering Committee (DPO)|
|55-57 Caroline House|
Revision date: May 2019